Job Overview – Licensed Massage Therapist
Full Time – $28 – $40/hr.
We are looking for a licensed massage therapist to treat clients using soft tissue manipulation while creating a safe, relaxing and healing environment. Being proficient in anatomy and physiology with a background in medical massage is preferred, but not required. Medical massage on-the-job-training will be available to the right candidate. Our office is lively, fun and busy and we are looking for someone to join our team who has a great attitude and gets satisfaction from helping clients get out of pain and enhance their health.
- Evaluate clients’ soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion
- Develop and propose client treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used
- Consult with clients about their medical histories and any problems with stress and/or pain in order to determine whether massage would be helpful
- Massage and knead the muscles and soft tissues in order to provide treatment for medical conditions, injuries or wellness maintenance
- Discuss and develop joint treatment plans with chiropractors, as applicable
- Maintain detailed and accurate treatment records
- Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions
- Experience working in a medical massage is preferred, but not required
- Proficient knowledge of reflexology, Swedish, prenatal, hot stone, trigger point, sports, and deep tissue massage
- Willingness to learn and complete trainings
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Great interpersonal skills
- Dexterous and able to stand for extended periods
- Ability to keep a well-groomed, professional appearance
- Ability to perform massages on diverse clients
Think you are the right candidate for the Massage Therapist position? Please email your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!