In an age of technical and impersonal medicine, massage offers a drug-free, noninvasive and humanistic approach based on the body’s natural ability to heal itself. Research continues to show the enormous benefits of touch, which range from treating chronic aches, neurological disorders, injuries and alleviating the tensions of modern day life. Consequently, the medical community is actively embracing bodywork allowing massage to slowly segue its way into western medicine.
Experts estimate that 80-90% of disease is stress related and perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress.
While eliminating anxiety and pressure altogether in this fast-paced world may be idealistic, massage can help to manage and reduce that stress. Massage does more than just relax your body and mind – there are specific physiological and psychological changes which occur.
With bodywork used as a preventative measure or as a medical wellness plan the quality of your life can and will be drastically improved.
- Decrease stress, anxiety, malaise and chronic pain
- Increase circulation, digestion and blood oxygen levels
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow
- Enhance the health of our muscle tissue, internal organs and joint stability
- Reduces scar tissue and stretch marks by promoting tissue regeneration
- Assist with a more comfortable pregnancy
- Promotes growth of premature babies
- Calms restless children
- Help athletes prepare for, and recover from, an event
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Arthritis sufferers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain.
- Asthmatic children show better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow.
- Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching, and anxiety.
MEET OUR THERAPISTS
We practice clinical massage which means our therapists are specially trained and certified in injury massage, treating chronic pain, helping speed and aid recovery, and oncology and pregnancy massage.
With bodywork used as a preventative measure or as a medical wellness plan the quality of your life can and will be drastically improved. Book your appointment with one of our clinical massage therapists.